Planning a retirement ceremony, reception, wet down or other celebratory occasion that needs a facility?
Let our professional and knowledgeable staff take the worry out of your event. We have full catering services and a ball room/dining room that may be set up for formal or semi-formal occasions.
ABC services are also at your disposal.
The ballroom has capacity for 80 seats. The entire building may be made available for 120 people. Fill out the Room Rental Agreement below and submit it, you will be contacted upon review from a Club Manager.
Thank you for your interest in the Mickey Finn Detachment (MFD) Grand Ball Room (The Flannigan Room). We are proud to provide excellent services and facilities, with dedicated and caring staff and volunteers, to meet all your room rental needs.
This Room Rental Agreement will help us accommodate your needs to the best of our abilities and make the rental process both efficient and expedient.
Room Rental Scheduling Policies
1. Room Rental at the Mickey Finn Detachment is on a first come, first served basis. Members are encouraged to use the Ball Room for both personal and professional purposes at a reduced rental rate.
2. Full-facility rental events must be approved by the Detachment Commandant.
3. A Rental reservation payment of $100.00 is due in-full at the time of scheduling.
4. All Room Rental agreements will required a $25.00 non-refundable administrative fee.
5. No party/individual/ renting space from the Mickey Finn Detachment has permission to use the Mickey Finn’s name, or any exclusive rights to the Mickey Finn Detachment, without the express written consent of the the Board of Officers.
6. The Mickey Finn Detachment reserves the right to refuse service to any party which hinder our vision and mission.
Room Rental Scheduling Procedure
1. Please start by checking the Mickey Finn Detachment’s Calendar here to see if the date, time and room you want is available. The alternative method of confirming room availability is by contacting the Club Manager directly at (703) 221-7393.
2. Submit the request for room rental through the Club Manager by completing the Room Rental Agreement application at the bottom of this page. Room Rental requests should be received at least three (3) weeks in advance.
3. Scheduling room rentals will be conducted in person, if possible, with the Detachment’s Club Manager.
4. The Mickey Finn Detachment calculates for one (1) hour for set-up and one (1) hour for take-down/clean-up time. If more time is needed for either, please let the Club Manager know.
5. Once you have been confirmed for a room rental, a $100.00 rental deposit and a $25.00 administrative fee is due at contract signing.
6. You will receive an invoice at the beginning of the event for any additional charges (if applicable).
7. The balance of the contract is due prior to the start of the event.
8. The Mickey Finn Detachment accepts cash or personal checks. A $25.00 returned check fee is assessed for all returned checks.
Room Rental Cancellation Procedure
1. If the or individual will not be using the space at its designated time, they must notify the Club Manager as soon as possible to avoid charges.
2. There is no charge for canceling a Room Rental Agreement 30 days prior to the event date. If a reservation is canceled between 14 to 29 days before the event, 75% of the rental agreement charge will be returned. If a reservation is canceled between 7 and 13 days before the event, 50% of the rental agreement will be returned.
3. Cancellations received between 6 days and the actual event date will result in forfeiture of the entire room reservation amount.
Regular Operation and Rental Hours
The following are the Mickey Finn Detachment’s regular operating hours and regular room rental hours. Please call and make arrangements with the Club Manager (703) 221-7393 for room usage outside of regular hours.
Monday-Tuesday 1200-2100 (Noon – 9:00 pm)
Wednesday 1200-2200 (Noon – 10:00 pm)
Thursday 1200-2100 (Noon – 9:00 pm)
Friday 1200-0200 (Noon – 2:00 am)
Saturday 1200-2300 (Noon – 11:00 pm)
Sunday 1300-2100 (1:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
Holidays – call for availability
General Room Rental Information
Room Rentals include:
Chairs (80 person capacity in Ball Room)
Easel without paper
White board and dry erase markers
Projection monitor with 10′ x 10′ white screen (check for compatibility)
Large screen television with free digital cable
Secure WiFi internet access (See Club Manager for access code)
Additional features may incur additional charges. Please check with the Club Manager at the time of reservation.
Coffee urn (full service)
Table cloths (standard color is white; optional colors available upon request)
Heated serving trays and serving utensils
In the event the renting party needs audio/visual equipment not available at the Detachment, the renting party will need to contract with an outside vendor for those additional audio/visual requirements.
General Mickey Finn Detachment Policies
1. All renters and guests must follow the Detachment’s By-Laws, House Rules, and Administrative Procedures.
2. All renters and guests must follow the Detachment’s Non-Discrimination Policy.
3. Since alcoholic beverages are permitted in the Club and Ball Room, all renters and guests must comply with all applicable Virginia Administrative Code ABC Rules for Clubs and Patrons.
Alcohol provision and consumption is limited to those attending the meeting/event. Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed outside the meeting/rental space at any time. Alcohol may not be brought into the premises unless previously approved by the Club Manager; usually the Mickey Finn Detachment will provide all beverage services. Event organizers will assume all responsibility for compliance with Virginia State Law regarding the use of alcoholic beverages. No alcohol may be furnished to minors. Failure to comply with State Law will result in the immediate removal of all event participants.
General Event Policies
1. All event deliveries must be received by the organizer. The Mickey Finn Detachment (staff or volunteers) cannot be responsible for receiving or holding deliveries.
2. All photos of the Mickey Finn Detachment must be approved by the Board of Officers.
3. All use of the Mickey Finn Detachment and Marine Corps League’s name and logo must be approved by the Board of Officers.
4. Signage may be placed in the facility with the permission of the Club Manager.
5. The use of illegal drugs and controlled substances is prohibited.
6. Lit candles are prohibited.
7. Decorations should not be placed on furniture, woodwork, exhibits or artifacts. Tape is not allowed on the walls.
8. Handicap access and facilities are available. Please notify the Club Manager if special arrangements are required.
9. Proper civilian attire is required. No lewd, offensive, or gang related clothing/markings are permitted.
10. All events fundraising, conducted by the event organizer, will be conducted prior to the start of the event. No monies or selling of tickets will be conducted on the premises prior to, or during the event.
11. The on-duty bar manager will inform all guests and event organizers of “last call” prior to the conclusion of the event. It is the responsibility of the event organizer to ensure that all guests have properly vacated the premises (including the parking lot) no later than thirty (30) minutes after being notified of “last call”.
12. The Mickey Finn Detachment asks your cooperation in vacating the Ball Room at the time designated on your contract.
13. Please advise your guests that the Mickey Finn Detachment offers limited parking. The Mickey Finn Detachment is not responsible for vehicles parked in adjacent lots or on the street. Large groups are strongly advised to use buses. Please show consideration for our neighbors and do not block driveways or park in marked restricted zones.
Security and Safety
1. A minimum thirty (30) day reservation is required for all room rentals if staff or volunteer coverage is necessary for events happening outside the Mickey Finn Detachment regular hours.
2. General club area security is provided by the Mickey Finn Detachment and is not extended into the rental room. Additional security, required by the event organizer, will be coordinated by the individual organizing the event.
3. The Mickey Finn Detachment is not responsible for any damages or loss of items stored or displayed on its property prior to, during or following the renter’s function. The renter is responsible for any damages and/or thefts that occur to the premise or property by their guests, invitees or other agents under the renter’s control.
4. Utmost care and caution must be taken when in the Detachment or on the grounds to protect delicate artifacts and exhibits.
5. Children 12 and under must be supervised at all times by an adult and are restricted to the Ball Room only. Minors, defined as persons under the age of 21, are restricted from loitering in the bar area during the event. Mickey Finn Detachment House Rules prohibit minors from the club after 2100 (9:00 pm) unless permission is granted by the Commandant or Board Officers. Age exceptions are extended to minor-aged Active Duty Marines, Naval Corpsmen and their spouses. Virginia ABC rules still apply.
6. The Mickey Finn Detachment is a restricted access facility for use by club members. Non-member event guests are restricted to entering and exiting the facilities through the main entrance only.
7. Please inform all guests of these security issues and the “Renter” will be responsible for the attendees and any breeches of security.
8. Failure to adequately control guests will result in the immediate termination of the event. The Renter will subsequently forfeit all fees paid and all attendees will be asked to depart the Detachment.
The below named /individual in the request form hereby assumes responsibility for any damage caused to the MFD building or equipment provided by the MFD while in use by said on the date specified. I understand that MFD is not responsible for anything left in the building by the Renter . I also understand that MFD is not responsible for personal injury or property damage occurring to anyone participating in the requested event, and the named /individual does hereby forever discharge, release, and hold harmless the Mickey Finn Detachment, Marine Corps League and its staff from any possible liability or claims resulting from any personal injuries or property damage suffered by this , its members, or other participants connected with the use of the building for the below event. I have read the Room Rental Agreement Policy and will comply with its provisions.